Hoyt Arboretum Signage Celebration!
Help us celebrate 250 new way-finding signs with:
a raffle, guided tours, Taco King food cart, live music, children's activities, a climbing wall, and a scavenger hunt with prizes including trekking poles, memberships and a chance to win passes to the
Columbia Sportswear Employee Store!
Sunday, September 23rd
2:00 - 5:00 pm
New Signage Project is a Program of Hoyt Arboretum Friends.
Hoyt Arboretum Friends would like to thank our donors who supported this transformational initiative and made our vision a reality:
The Sarah A. Stewart Foundation, Joyce M. Furman Memorial Trust,
Oregon Parks Foundation, Mervyn L. Brenner Foundation,
Portland Garden Club, and Portland Parks and Recreation Bureau
with assistance from the Portland Parks Foundation
2:00 - Events Begin
- Live music featuring Multnomah Arts Center’s Cappy and the Gryphons acoustic band. You’ll enjoy everything from calypso to folk to blue grass. Bring your chairs or plan on dancing the afternoon away.
- Kid’s activities with Friends of Outdoor School will keep them busy
- Climbing wall where the Mazamas will cheer on both kids and adults who attempt to scale the rock
- Clay creations with Portland Child Arts Studio
- Taco King food cart
- Free cookies and punch
- Purchase a play card for the Scavenger Hunt (see details below at 3:00)
- Purchase raffle tickets. (Tickets are on sale in the Visitor Center now.) The drawing is at 4:30 pm and you do not need to be present to win. Purchase 1 ticket for $5, 3 tickets for $10, 7 tickets for $20 for the following exciting prizes:
Stoel Rives Luxury Goodie Basket - wine, cheese, crackers, chocolate and more
1-hour consultation from Habitat Landscape Design
Original Necklace designed by Cindy Kaul
Dinner and Theater Package:
- Voucher for two tickets to any production of Portland Center Stage
- $25 Gift Certificate to any McMenamins Restaurant
- $50 gift card from Fred Meyer
- Basket of organic products from Organically Grown
- $25 gift certificate to Poloma Clothing
- $25 gift certificate to Baker and Spice
- $25 gift certificate to SweetWares
- 4 drop-in yoga classes from OmBase plus 4 $5-off coupons to bring a friend
- 2 tickets to the Oregon Zoo
- 4 tickets to the Lan Su Chinese Garden
- $35 gift certificate to Thinker Toys
- Admission for 4 to the Children’s Museum
Parks and Gardens Package:
- 4 tickets to the World Forestry Center Discovery Museum
- 2 tickets to the Lan Su Chinese Garden
- 2 tickets to the Pittock Mansion
- 4 tickets to the Japanese Garden
- 1 gift certificate for a rock-climbing class, 1-month pass, gear and shoe rental from Stoneworks
- 4 complete factory-sealed sets of baseball cards: 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘93. Upper Deck.
- 1 Widmer Brothers Brewing Party Pack gift certificate: a pony keg of Hefeweizen, Drop Top Amber Ale, Rotator IPA, Drifter Pale Ale or Seasonal Beer; one tap/tub rental, 50 logo cups and bag of ice
- $50 gift card to Timberline Lodge
- Trail Blazers baseball hat autographed by Luke Babbit
Hoyt Arboretum Friends is grateful to our raffle donors!
2:30 to 3:15 - Guided Tour of Hoyt Arboretum
3:00 to 4:15 - Family-Friendly Guided Tour of Hoyt Arboretum
3:00 to 4:30 - Scavenger Hunt
Purchase a play card for $5 that asks questions about Hoyt Arboretum. You’ll find the one-word answers on our new interpretive signs on the trails near the collections. Card price is reduced by $1 by showing us your Tri-met ticket, bike helmet or dirty shoes from walking to the Celebration. The first individual or team (maximum of four members) that arrives back at the Pavilion with all the correct answers on their play card wins a beautiful PosterGarden trekking pole - with tickets to 9 Portland parks and gardens - and a Hoyt Arboretum Friends Fir Membership. All participants back at the Pavilion with the correct answers by 4:30 will be entered into a drawing to win a Columbia Employee Store Pass!
3:30 to 4:15 - Guided Tour of Hoyt Arboretum
4:30 - Raffle drawing (buyer need not be present to win).