Please read on for the latest information on COVID-19 and Hoyt Arboretum.
Plan Your Visit
- Hoyt Arboretum’s grounds are open from 5am to 10pm daily. There is no admission fee to visit the Arboretum.
- Hoyt Arboretum’s Visitor Center (located at 4000 SW Fairview Blvd, Portland, OR 97221) is closed due to COVID-19. A temporary visitor services kiosk is located in the Visitor Center courtyard and is open Thursdays through Sundays from 10am to 3pm (hours may vary).
- Restrooms in the Visitor Center courtyard are open daily, and water fountains are turned on.
- Visitor information, including trail maps, is available in the brochure rack in the Visitor Center courtyard. Please consider using our digital map during your visit.
- If arriving by car, use Parking Kitty on your phone to skip using the parking meters.
- If arriving by transit, service schedules may be impacted by reductions due to COVID-19; face coverings are currently required when using transit. For more information, please visit trimet.org.
- Service for the Explore Washington Park shuttle runs Fridays through Sundays from 9:30am to 7pm with new safety protocols, including face coverings. Please visit explorewashingtonpark.org for the latest information.
- Park visitors are encouraged to follow these guidelines:
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Bring all supplies (snacks, water, hand sanitizer) needed for a short trip.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit. For a map of hand washing stations and restrooms around Washington Park, click here.
- If the Arboretum appears crowded, leave and come back another time.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from people who aren’t from your household, including Arboretum staff who are working on the grounds. If you can’t maintain that distance, come back another time.
- While on trails, announce your presence to others and step aside to let others pass.
- Wear a face covering if you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance from other people. Homemade is fine.
- Leave no trace: pack out everything you bring with you.
- Hoyt Arboretum has 12 miles of hiking trails, so – while it’s easy to spread out – it’s easier to maintain physical distance on some trails than others. You can use this chart and map to help select the route for your visit.
- Other attractions in Washington Park may be closed due to COVID-19. Visit Explore Washington Park for the latest information.
Virtual Programs & Activities
- While most of Hoyt Arboretum’s in-person programs are suspended due to COVID-19, we are offering online workshops and youth activities to help individuals and families continue to learn from home. For the calendar of events, click here.
- Visit Hoyt Arboretum virtually with a series of online video tours. Watch here.
- Hoyt Arboretum is not accepting new volunteer applications at this time.
Forage in the Forest
- Forage in the Forest, Hoyt Arboretum’s summer gala, is cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Permitted picnics and weddings with 25 or fewer people are approved while Multnomah County is in Phase I. For questions about existing or new reservations, please contact Portland Parks & Recreation’s Customer Service Center at (503) 823-2525.