Please read on for the latest information on COVID-19 and Hoyt Arboretum.
Plan Your Visit
- Hoyt Arboretum’s grounds are open from 5am to 10pm daily. There is no admission fee to visit the Arboretum.
- Hoyt Arboretum’s Visitor Center (located at 4000 SW Fairview Blvd, Portland, OR 97221) is closed due to COVID-19. Our outdoor Visitor Information Desk is open Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 3pm.
- Restrooms in the Visitor Center courtyard are open daily, and water fountains are turned on.
- Visitor information, including trail maps, is available in the brochure rack in the Visitor Center courtyard. Please consider using our digital map during your visit.
- If arriving by car, use Parking Kitty on your phone to skip using the parking meters.
- If arriving by transit, service schedules may be impacted by reductions due to COVID-19; face coverings are currently required when using transit. For more information, please visit trimet.org.
- The Explore Washington Park shuttle is running daily from 9:30am to 7pm with capacity limits in place; face coverings are also required. Please visit explorewashingtonpark.org for the latest information.
- Park visitors are encouraged to follow these guidelines:
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Bring all supplies (snacks, water, hand sanitizer) needed for a short trip.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit. For a map of hand washing stations and restrooms around Washington Park, click here.
- If the Arboretum appears crowded, leave and come back another time.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from people who aren’t from your household, including Arboretum staff who are working on the grounds. If you can’t maintain that distance, come back another time.
- While on trails, announce your presence to others and step aside to let others pass.
- Leave no trace: pack out everything you bring with you.
- Hoyt Arboretum has 12 miles of hiking trails, so – while it’s easy to spread out – it’s easier to maintain physical distance on some trails than others. You can use this chart and map to help select the route for your visit.
- Other attractions in Washington Park may be closed due to COVID-19. Visit Explore Washington Park for the latest information.
In-Person & Virtual Programs
- We are offering in-person and online programs at this time. For the calendar of events, click here.
- Visit Hoyt Arboretum virtually with a series of online video tours. Watch here.
- Hoyt Arboretum’s volunteer programs are limited at this time. New opportunities will be posted here when scheduled. If you would like us to contact you about volunteering, please email email@example.com to be added to the contact list.
- Permitted picnics and weddings with 75 or fewer people are currently approved by PP&R. For questions about existing or new reservations, please contact Portland Parks & Recreation’s Customer Service Center at (503) 823-2525.