Hoyt Arboretum is dedicated to environmental education, and students are central to our mission.
FIELD TRIPS ARE FULL FOR SPRING 2023!
We are now accepting requests for the fall 2023 season. Click the button at the bottom of the page to request a Fall 2023 Field Trip and we will get back to you for scheduling in mid June.
Fall season runs from September 12, 2023 – December 15, 2023.
ABOUT FIELD TRIPS AT HOYT ARBORETUM
Field trips focus on key tree structures and their functions. Roots, leaves, bark, and seeds each perform a special task for the tree. Learn how these tree structures have adapted to survive in different environments all over the world. Our living museum hosts a global diversity of trees, making Hoyt Arboretum an ideal location for exploring in the Portland Metro area.
Our experiential and inquiry-based field trips are designed for students in grades 1-5. The curriculum is aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. Please reserve at least three weeks in advance so we can prepare for your group.
Scholarships are available for Title I school fees and transportation.
GUIDED FIELD TRIPS
- Guided field trips are $5/student
- 1 chaperone per 10 students is required
- We can accommodate a maximum of 2 chaperones for every 10 students, including teachers (additional chaperones in attendance will be charged a $5 fee)
- Maximum capacity is 70 students
- All tours are led by trained Arboretum volunteers and staff
- The reservable Stevens Pavilion may be available for lunch
- Things to Know
- Chaperone Letter
- Bus Information
- Extreme Weather Policies
- Among the Trees Curriculum Overview
- K-1st Pre and Post Activities
- Best Tree Forever Curriculum Overview
- 2nd-5th Pre and Post Activities
- BTF Certificate
Not what you’re looking for? Learn about Self-Guided Field Trips and Independent Visits.
If you’re ready to schedule a guided field trip FOR FALL 2023, please fill out the form below, and we will get back to you to you for scheduling in mid-June.
If you have additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review the availability on our calendar. Field Trips may be scheduled Tuesdays through Fridays (not Mondays).
Blank dates are open, while those that are not are marked.
Please not that we no longer have availability for Field Trips in the Spring of 2023. You may fill out the request form for the fall season, and we will get back to you for scheduling in mid-June.