Hoyt Arboretum is dedicated to environmental education, and students are central to our mission.
Spring season runs from February 27, 2024 – June 7, 2024.
ABOUT FIELD TRIPS AT HOYT ARBORETUM
Field trips focus on key tree structures and their functions. Roots, leaves, bark, and seeds each perform a special task for the tree. Learn how these tree structures have adapted to survive in different environments all over the world. Our living museum hosts a global diversity of trees, making Hoyt Arboretum an ideal location for exploring in the Portland Metro area.
Our experiential and inquiry-based field trips are designed for students in grades 1-5. The curriculum is aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. Please reserve at least three weeks in advance so we can prepare for your group.
Scholarships covering fees and transportation are available for Title I schools.
GUIDED FIELD TRIPS
- Guided field trips are 90 minutes
- Cost is $7/student
- 1 adults per 10 students is required
- We can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults for every 10 students
- Maximum capacity is 70 students
- All tours are led by trained Hoyt Arboretum staff and volunteers
- The Stevens Pavilion may be available for lunch
- Things to Know
- Chaperone Letter
- Bus Information
- Extreme Weather Policies
- Among the Trees Curriculum Overview
- K-1st Pre and Post Activities
- Best Tree Forever Curriculum Overview
- 2nd-5th Pre and Post Activities
- BTF Certificate
If you questions about field trips at Hoyt Arboretum, please email our Youth Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Not what you’re looking for? Learn about Self-Guided Field Trips and Independent Visits.