There is something for children of all ages at Hoyt Arboretum. HAF offers a variety of programs and self-led activities to get kids engaged with the natural world.
For families with strollers, see this 1-mile route suitable for strollers, or ask at the Visitor Center about which trails are gentle enough for young walkers.
Hoyt Arboretum Friends also offers a variety of nature programs for youth and families:
- Tree Time! Preschool Walks explore toddler-friendly themes like slugs and bees.
- Our Pop-up Nature! events, volunteer naturalists set up a nature display before sending families into the Arboretum with a self-led activity.
- Family Bird Walks are a great way to explore nature with your loved ones and learn about birds with a long-time birder and educator.
- Weekend volunteer stewardship crews are a great opportunity to get outside with adolescents and teens.
- For educators, bring your class or student group for a school field trip.
Upcoming Family Events