Explore Hoyt Arboretum on a self-guided adventure using our Discovery Packs. Each pack is filled with tools to help children and their adults connect with the plants, animals, and fungi that find their homes along the trails.
Discovery Packs can be reserved and picked up at the Hoyt Arboretum Visitor Center. Supplies are suitable for children in K-5th grades. Each backpack contains…
- 1 Trail map
- 3 Children’s Adventure Maps
- 1 pair of binoculars
- 3 magnifying lenses
- 1 hiking compass with How-to Guide
- Beginner’s Guide to Birds book
- Tree, Leaves, and Bark book
- Nature-based storybook
- Hoyt Arboretum Pocket Naturalist Guide
- Laminated, seasonal nature search with dry erase marker
Each reservation can accommodate a group of 1-3 children with an adult. Discovery Packs are available for a 2-hour block daily from 10am-3pm. There is no charge to reserve the Discovery Packs, but a minimum of 48 hours notice is required.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a date and approximate time to make your reservation, and have fun discovering!