Keep Hoyt Arboretum Growing and Thriving!
Contributions to Hoyt Arboretum Friends are tax deductible. IRS ID#93-0919495
Hoyt Arboretum does not charge entrance fees. As such, we depend on community support to preserve this unique place. Even small gifts can make a big difference! Your donations will support Hoyt Arboretum by…
- Nurturing our new seedlings
- Maintaining and improving our plant and tree collections
- Making you a partner in world conservation and research
- Grooming Hoyt’s 12 miles of trails that are free for public recreation
- Maintaining our publically-accessible plant database
Be a Giant – Make HAF Part of Your Legacy
Redwoods (Sequoiadendron giganteum) are the world’s tallest trees and can live for hundreds – even thousands – of years. Their role is critical in building a protective canopy that nurtures the surrounding ecosystem and helps it to thrive. Redwood trees are among the world’s treasures.
Like redwoods, there are many people who support and nurture Hoyt Arboretum by giving of their time, talent and treasure. These include our Sequoia Legacy Society members who have named Hoyt Arboretum Friends as a beneficiary in their planned giving. If you have included HAF in your estate plans, we would like to hear from you so you can be recognized as a Sequoia Legacy Society member.
Visit the Redwood Collection here at the arboretum and be inspired to be one of the giants whose gift can support HAF for many years to come. If you would like to include Hoyt Arboretum Friends in your estate plans, or have already done so and would like to be recognized as a Sequoia Legacy Society member, please contact Anna Goldrich at 503.823.1648 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your important gift that serves as a promise to future generations of tree stewards.
You can donate in six ways:
- Online – through our secure donation box to the right by making a one-time gift in any amount
- Evergreen Circle Monthly Giving Program – Join the Evergreen Circle with a monthly gift of $5 or more and receive the same benefits as membership. Set up a series of monthly payments online through a secure PayPal connection via the bar on the right, or call 503-423-8877 to give monthly from your checking account.
- By mail – mail your donation to Hoyt Arboretum Friends, 4000 SW Fairview Blvd, Portland, OR 97221
- By phone – call our office at 503.823.1649 from 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday
- In person – stop by the Visitor Center during your next visit to Hoyt Arboretum. Our volunteers are happy to assist you in making a donation during weekday business hours and on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm (depending on volunteer availability) at 4000 SW Fairview Blvd, Portland, OR 97221.
- Donate stock – Stock donations are a wonderful way to support Hoyt Arboretum! You can save on your tax obligation while investing in Hoyt Arboretum’s long-term health. Here’s all you need to do:
- Determine the amount and types of securities you want to donate.
- Provide Hoyt Arboretum Friend’s account information to your advisor.
- Let us know to expect your stock gift – email Anna Goldrich.
- If you hold your own stock certificates, transfer those to HAF’s Ameritrade Account.
Hoyt Arboretum Friend’s Ameritrade account # is 875-114286 and our DTC # is 0188.
TD Ameritrade phone #: 1-800-669-3900