For an enjoyable event rental and to make the Arboretum a safe place for all visitors, plants, and wildlife, please follow these guidelines:
- Hoyt Arboretum is smoke and tobacco free.
- Alcohol at permitted events only.
- Hoyt Arboretum is a quiet park; sound producing equipment is not allowed.
- Parking spaces cannot be reserved and are not guaranteed.
- Attaching anything to trees or driving stakes into the ground is prohibited.
- A permit must be obtained for any legal union ceremony in a public park when guests are invited. This includes ceremonies consisting of more than the couple, officiant, and two witnesses.
- Bubbles are the only thing approved for showering the wedding couple; rice and birdseed is prohibited.
- Additional rules and regulations apply. Please visit portlandoregon.gov for details.