A short (1/3 mile) hike from the Visitor Center brings your guests to one of the most photogenic places in Hoyt Arboretum. Dramatically set among our towering redwood collection and overlooking Johnson Creek, the Redwood Deck is a deep forest respite close to the city.
The Redwood Deck is made of natural wood, features a sequoia tree protruding through the deck, and provides three comfortable wooden benches. The perfect scene for an intimate outdoor wedding ceremony, a wilderness setting for an intriguing picnic, or a compelling outdoor classroom, the Redwood deck is the ideal venue for any outdoor function where the environment matters.
- Capacity for 50 people standing or 25 people seated
- No water, electric, or restrooms
- Not ADA accessible
- No barbecues permitted
- No amplified music
- Beer and wine allowed with permit
- Park Rules and Regulations apply
Rental Fees for 2019
Full Day Rental (8am-9pm):
- Redwood Deck – $222.75
- Redwood Deck with Wedding Meadow – $404.00
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
- Picnics/Meetings – $23
- Weddings/Special Use – $117 ($234 if applying 10 business days or less)
- Security Deposit – $250
- Key Deposit (if needed) – $100
Reservations are available through Portland Parks & Recreation Customer Service Center:
- Online at PP&R Customer Service
- By phone at 503-823-2525
- In person at 111 SW Columbia St., Suite 660
Rental and application fees for Hoyt Arboretum facilities are subject to change.